Friday, August 16, 2013

A Pinterest Inspired Success!

I find a lot of inspiration from other blogs, Pinterest & Facebook. I always try to make it my own in some way and sometimes they are downright copies. There are so many talented crafters out there! I'm really trying to use up papers and supplies I've already purchased. I have a box full of papers I've already cut into 4 x 5 1/4 just waiting to be used, so this sketch was perfect for that.

This set of cards was inspired by a Pinterest post. Here is my pin:

http://pinterest.com/pin/161074124145966539/

And here are my versions:

This is the group of all the cards I made. All the sentiment stamps are from Papertrey Ink. The butterfly punch is from EK Success. The yellow sheer ribbon is from my stash, pretty sure I purchased it at the Dollar Store and the Baker's Twine is from Close To My Heart. The patterned paper is from my stash & the cardstock if from Close To My Heart.

The sentiments on these two cards were stamped in Grey Wool (CTMH-Retired).

The sentiments on these two cards was stamped in Pansy Purple (CTMH-Retired).

The sentiment & baker's twine on this card are Lagoon (CTMH). Also, I used foam tape under the white cardstock to give this card a little dimension (and it helps with the baker's twine...I don't like lumpy cards!)
I hope you enjoy these cards. A few of them will be donated to Operation Write Home, the others will join my stash. And I'll probably make a few more in the coming days. They were super simple to assemble and you could switch out a variety of sentiments!

I will likely re-use this style for some Winter/Christmas cards using a snowflake punch instead of a butterfly. I have tons of Christmas paper screaming to be used!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment