Monday, February 23, 2015

Homespun 6x6 Paper Pad by Simple Stories - Part 2

I'm still working on this first 6x6 paper pad...but I think I'm finally down to just scraps...but I think I can get a few more cards out of it, so I'm not done yet!!! Here's what I've done since Part 1. (These 7 cards bring my total to 15 so far...I think).

I love this layout...and will use it again real soon! (Maybe with every paper pack I make in the future...LOL) I used Outdoor Denim cardstock to matte everything and Outdoor Denim ink to distress the edges and for the stamped sentiment. The sentiment stamp is from PTI. I used a little bit of red shimmer trim behind the small punched heart for a little sparkle...just the right touch!
Here's a close up of the shimmer trim...love!
These next three cards are all the same sketch...all matted with Outdoor Denim and stamped with a sentiment from CTMH also in Outdoor Denim. I used embossing folders from CTMH on the 2nd and 3rd card for some interest. The little metal embellishments are from the Honey and Smoothie Mini-Medleys. (I stocked up on those when they were on clearance...love the look!)



This next card was a struggle for me...I didn't really think it out ahead of time, but I'm pleased with the outcome. I used some red shimmer trim on the inside of the card which you can see in the 2nd picture. I used Honey cardstock from CTMH for the card base and matting.


These two cards use the same sketch and I loved the mix of pattern papers. Both cards are matted with kraft paper too...which I LOVE to use! In the close up pictures, you'll see the bling I used in the stamped images. I'm not sure if I love the Honey cardstock behind the sewing machine...still contemplating changing it to red.



No comments:

Post a Comment