Monday, September 16, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

I was on call for my regular job this weekend, so I really didn't have high expectations for what I wanted to complete. I guess I will say I was pleasantly surprised to be able to get a handful of Christmas cards completed and another handful cut & ready to be assembled. These green, red & white cards were inspired by a design from Vicki Wizniuk's blog...you can see her awesome work here: Wizard's Hangout. I get a lot of inspiration from her designs...they are always clean and eye catching.

For these first two, I tried to keep in mind that I need to mail a lot of cards so I kept these pretty flat. The only thing that adds a little bulk are the rhinestones & the metal looking embellishments. The White Daisy cardstock & sentiment stamp is from CTMH & I used a border punch by Fiskars. The patterned paper & red cardstock is from DCWV. (I WILL use up papers I've purchased long ago...I will!!!) The bling is from want2scrap.com & the metallic bling is from JoAnn's dollar spot, I think. I have 3 each of these cards completed.



These two cards were the same basic design as the first two, but I decided to use a different stamp & add some baker's twine to fill in that white space. The sentiment piece is popped up with a little foam tape, but still not too thick to mail. I don't think I'm a fan of the colored one...but the verdict is still out! I will have 3 each of these cards as well.


This card will be a set of 12 & I have another 12 precut with a different background paper, it's hot pink w/glittered words all over. I will use the same stamp & sentiment on those as well. The finished cards will use a variety of sheer ribbons to embellish the focal point. All the papers except the white cardstock are DCWV. The White Daisy cardstock & stamps are CTMH. I used a mix of glitter & clear detail embossing powder over the trees & sentiment & heat set it for a little more sparkle on this card. It doesn't show up in the picture, but it does look pretty! I need to finish stamping, embossing and assembling all the rest of these cards. That will be a project for next weekend I'm sure!


Well, that's all I was able to get accomplished this weekend. The coming week will be a little busy after work, but hopefully I will be able to accomplish something!

No comments:

Post a Comment